(I don’t really want to discuss how it’s free and I have no right to complain, so stifle, Edith.)
At the “explanation” page, linked above, they say in classic Google fashion that the need for those widgets is going away thanks to modern browsers like Chrome and “operating systems” like Android.
Riddle me this: how can I get a bunch of those Chrome “apps” to appear side by side on a single page, running all the time, and make that my home page? Am I just too full of margaritas to figure this out? Turning my home page into something like the home screen on my iPhone is not really what I’m looking for. I have all this real estate; why can’t I use it? A home page full of “browser app” icons is better than a short list of bookmarks…how, exactly?
God, I hate Google.
- do-over likes this
- nb2000 likes this
- claireemery reblogged this from scholvin and added:
- frageelay likes this
- smartgoat likes this
- fancycwabs said: What the hell? I’ll figure something out with Internet explorer at work, I guess.
- goestoeleven likes this
- ashamedtosay likes this
- stupon likes this
- steelopus likes this
- 5by5kevin said: FUCK. I use the shit out of iGoogle.
- bananacasts said: Maybe try netvibes.com. That’s all I got.
- 5by5kevin likes this
- do-over said: I’m going to start using ‘stifle, Edith’ regularly.
- nolagrrlnyc likes this
- rsmallbone likes this
- idsploder likes this
- angryoldcoot said: I just saw this tonight, too, and it’s totally annoying. It’s been my homepage on every computer I use for years, because it’s the easiest way to get all the stuff I want to see updates of at a glance in one spot. Phthhtttttt, I say.
- lafix likes this
- allisonunsupervised likes this
- scholvin posted this