Report it to league management. Please. I’ve been that kid.
The problem here is that there is no league. These are ad hoc tournaments between all-star teams from different towns that last two or three days each and then they just end. This tournament ends tomorrow and I’m sure that team was eliminated just after they beat us. We may see that team in another tourney later this summer, or we may not.
I may write the head of the league in the town where that team is from, though there is a 50/50 chance the guy who will see it is the coach who was screaming. A better bet may be to call their mayor, just to let him know about what this guy is doing in his city’s name.
- do-over likes this
- steelopus likes this
- penbleth likes this
- felicitous-tranquility likes this
- yeahhappy likes this
- halfbakedidea likes this
- sunnybucket said: I’m glad you’re evaluating options. Seeing the kids I do, maybe I’m a bit “worst case scenario,” but this isn’t ok. I can’t imagine what this girl’s home life must be like if her father is treating her like that in public.
- raiselm likes this
- sunnybucket likes this
- alinalogic likes this
- froggeek likes this
- froggeek said: Whoever sanctioned the tournament should be notified, too. That team doesn’t need to be invited back. And I’d make a point of noting my team won’t appear at any event where that asshole is participating.
- nicky36 likes this
- allisonunsupervised likes this
- mathcat345 likes this
- ashamedtosay likes this
- monkeyfrog likes this
- monkeyfrog said: Something. Anything. xoxoxo
- frageelay said: There should still be some sort of ethical standards for those leagues though, right?
- frageelay likes this
- ungracefulme likes this
- amassofhumanity likes this
- scholvin posted this