The 70-200 is too much lens for me - makes my arms cramp up. What mode are you shooting in?
It was heavy as hell, but the game is only an hour long so I cowboyed up. If I had more to do I’d have considered a monopod. I just went with the “Sports” mode using the function wheel.
Set your autofocus to lock on centermost focus point only, and use focus lock to compose the shot. And don’t be afraid to use AI Servo when you are shooting active stuff like football.
Oh, duh, I didn’t think to change the the focus mode to center only. Next time.
Cool shot. Get yourself a film camera, or a Pola, get all retro on it.
Thank you! I do have an old Minolta, but it needs some work….there is some gunky stuff on the mirror and it’s distracting. The other problem is where to get the film processed. Seems like building a darkroom at this point would be a poor investment. ;-)
- inmi likes this
- felicitous-tranquility likes this
- cafedufromage likes this
- sniffyjenkins said: AI Servo mode for sports, as Ron said, definitely.
- sniffyjenkins likes this
- amassofhumanity likes this
- allisonunsupervised likes this
- cynicalromantic95 said: my grandpa has a dark room, but thats a bit outta the way. :) also i have the EF 70-200mm f/4 lens to use with my 10D. i totally understand the annoyance of an old camera. a lot of times i have like no usable pics cause of the slow processor.
- penbleth likes this
- penbleth said: The Pola develops itself. Yes, getting the film developed is the hard bit. Two 39 rolls developed plus their CDs cost me nearly £50 from Ilford. It won’t be done every week. Or month.
- hookersorcake likes this
- ron-bailey likes this
- scholvin posted this