a brief aside
- Imagine a word processor where you had to go into a whole different mode to add punctuation, and when you got there, it was so awkward and difficult that you just gave up and stopped using punctuation altogether unless it was an absolute emergency, like maybe 2 or 3 times per chapter. That’s Finale and articulations (accents, staccato, legato, etc.). Horrid. And the music that comes out suffers just like that hypothetical prose would.
- Keyboard skins are a waste of money.
- Projects like this teach humility. I thought I knew a thing or two about music, and it turns out that’s exactly what I know: one or two things. If you round up.
- It’s pronounced joo-el-ree, not joo-le-ree; ree-al-tor not ree-la-tor; shole-vin not shlo-vin. Read the letters in order and you’ll do fine.
- I tried un-hiding some Facebook people this morning. Too soon. Back in timeout they go.