Thursday Updates: Cryptic Thespian Edition
- The show is tomorrow. Dress rehearsal killed today, almost literally when a set piece was nearly lowered onto a cast member. But seriously, I’m so excited. It’s going to be so great.
- And that bums me out, because I can’t invite everyone I know, and after one performance, it’s going to go away forever. All that work that I did, six weeks of twelve-hour days, for a single 75-minute show. And I was only one of dozens who worked that hard.
- Which is part of the magic, maybe? The ephemeral nature of it? Metaphor!
- Watching professional theater people work so hard, and be so god damn talented, is pretty much a spiritual experience.
- I would work in this industry in a fucking nanosecond. If I were single, childless, 25, and willing to live in a hovel with 4 roommates and eat nothing but ramens.
- I still can’t bring myself to spell it “theatre,” though, which may disqualify me.
- OMG, the nurse costumes. You guys. Professional dancers in hot nurse costumes. Can you even? Because I can’t even.