- I’ve had the “La Choy makes Chinese food….swing American!” jingle from the 70s stuck in my head for several days, and I wish for death.
- I probably won’t heart/star/like any posts/tweets/statuses about anything relating to excreta or bodily discharge of any kind. I’m easy otherwise.
- I’m keeping a list of things I won’t miss when I move to a warm place. Today’s entry: garbage can lids frozen stuck.
- Rectifying the Housepocalypse (frozen pipes: also on the list) is among the most mentally exhausting experiences of my entire life.
- A friend shared an article today about how some people are biologically disposed to hate exercise and this made me feel a little better. I force myself to do it because I know it’s good for me, but every second of it is pure misery. And maybe there’s nothing wrong with me after all.
- I will say that ditching the gym in favor of the solitude of my basement has made it better. Nothing’s worse than doing an activity you hate in public while surrounded by a bunch of meatheads who judge the fuck out of you because you’re not as good at it as they are.
- I need some down time to think and reflect and make some major decisions about the next phase of my career. But that down time just ain’t gonna happen. It’s always something.