It’s that time of the week
- A bird has built a nest in this odd little box under the eave near our front door. It happened last year, too. I don’t mind, really. But three baby birds have fallen from the nest and died, which bums me out. Two perished similarly last year. After they leave this year, I’m going to take that box down and patch up the hole.
- Probably relatedly: there is an adult starling in my basement right now. Perhaps their mama. I think there is a path through the walls from that front nest area down to the basement drop ceiling. S/he doesn’t want to be caught and can’t find her way back. There’s only one door that opens to the outside down there and a bunch of glass block windows that don’t open. Tonight after dark, I will turn the lights off down there except the one by the door and try to lure it to the outside. Hopefully no other varmints will get in. And then I’ll probably spend a week cleaning bird shit off of everything.
- At PT this week, my therapist asked me if I had good balance. I said, “well, I’ve never been the most graceful ballerina in the company,” and another patient laughed so hard he nearly fell from his stationary bike. I’d have felt really bad.
- I’m feeling quite a bit better. So many people have asked, which is really great. Thank you all for being concerned. I might post a more detailed update later. I’ll veer away from TMI, I promise.
- I’m having a lot of fun rediscovering coding, and I’m thinking about starting a second tumblr to document some of these nerdy adventures. I won’t be hurt if you don’t follow it, promise.