0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5
- When people say, “but isn’t Tumblr just a bunch of tweens reblogging each other’s pictures of One Direction?” I argue and say, “no, it’s much more! It’s a social blogging platform. There are lots of ways to use it!” But then I see this, and it becomes clear that the powers that be here see it as identically and exactly a bunch of tweens reblogging each other’s pictures of One Direction, and they have zero interest in any other use cases.
- So, I can take a hint. I’ll be setting up a Wordpress for my thoughts about stuff more pressing than One Direction, thoughts which I have about 3 times a year. It’s a mistake to use any software too much against the grain of the intentions of the creators. Only pain and misery line that path.
- I’ll keep this for pics and shenanigans. I’ll still be around as usual, hearting you whorishly, and being generally stunned and amazed by the characters here. I’m not going anywhere. I like One Direction as much as the next 46-year-old suburban dad. Don’t want to miss it!
- Why is it that social media entrepreneurs are so universally hell bent on destroying their products? Can anyone think of a mature medium that’s better now than it was a year ago?
- Speaking of entrepreneurs, I am getting some things going here. Not in social media, though. Those people are nuts.