the post-chsh “hangover”
But that’s in quotes because it’s not like the other kind where you overindulge and feel like crap the next day. It’s the opposite: a warm feeling, featuring lots of gushy emo-chemicals floating around in my blood, and the sounds of friendly voices echoing still in my ears.
Part of the drag/irony of being a local is that it’s hard to get downtown for the daytime stuff and the Sunday brunch and all that goodness while I’m out here suburbanite-ing and whatever. So for a little while longer this morning, before the errands and the kid sports start, I’mma sit here in my office sunshine and click reload on the chsh tag and heart everything I see. Post more. I miss your faces already.
Trying it half-full
Optimism doesn’t come naturally to me, but here goes:
- Though my house is basically crumbling down around me, I still have one, and I’m thankful.
- Though my career is a dumpster fire, I am employed, and I’m thankful.
- Though many I love are old and/or sick, they are still here, and I’m thankful.
- Though it’s freaking stupid cold out there, I have a fireplace, and I’m thankful.
- The people in this house love me and I love them. No “though” about Team Scholvin. I am deeply thankful.
- Though every project I started this year now sits idle in varying degrees of completion less than full, at least I started them, and learned something doing each, and I’m thankful.
- Though there is kale, there are also honeycrisp apples, and I’m thankful.
- Though the old dog can’t navigate the stairs anymore, he’s still got a wag for me when I help him up, and I’m thankful.
- Though the universe is cold and uncaring, it gave rise to you and me, and to scotch, and I’m thankful.
- Though this world teems with assholes, I have amazing friends—including you—to help me laugh/cry/rage at it all, and I’m thankful.